This is known as Ajeerna in Ayurveda. It is a result of fasting or the consumption of food before digestion of the earlier intake of food. Untimely food habits, heavy or dry food, psychological causes like fear, anger, jealousy etc., suppression of natural urges and excessive intake of water cause indigestion. A reduction in Pitta activity with an excessive Kapha characterizes the doshic profile of Indigestion.
- Curry leaves
- Rock salt
Natural Remedies for Indigestion
- For this home remedy for Indigestion, mix 5 grams of asafetida with a glass of hot water. Add a teaspoonful of sugar to improve the taste. Though it smells bad while swallowing, it rapidly relieves your system of flatulence and helps in relieving Indigestion.
- Add two drops of mint oil to a cup of warm water and drink immediately. It provides instant relief from gripping and flatulence.
- Wash about 20-25 fresh curry leaves with cold water. Extract the juice from these leaves. In a cup of plain water, add about one teaspoonful of lemon juice and the juice of the curry leaves. Add one teaspoonful of honey to this blend, and always drink this when it is fresh. It relieves nausea, vomiting and flatulence induced by Indigestion.
- Home remedies for Indigestion also include the use of Ajowan seeds. Mix a teaspoon of Ajowan seeds with 1/2 spoon of rock salt. Consume the mixture with a glass of water. This will instantly get rid of flatulence and stomach disorder.
- Coriander seeds are known for their anti-inflammatory properties that relieve you from an upset stomach or Indigestion. Further stimulating your digestive process. Coriander consists of essential oil called oil that detoxifies the liver and increases appetite and cures Indigestion. Take coriander seeds infused water for about a week to see the difference.
Lemon and Honey
- Take one glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of lemon juice. Then add one teaspoon of honey. Mix it well and drink it after every meal. Lemon and hot water with honey are one of the effective home remedies for Indigestion.
- Carrots are known as power food and can help the stomach get better. In a blender, mix a few carrots, a banana and a bit of water. Drink this juice. It will help the tummy absorb all the acids and gas that are causing discomfort in the stomach.
- One of the effective home remedies for Indigestion is to roast a teaspoon of carom seeds in a pan, allow the seeds to cool and crush them lightly. With a rolling pin, mix together with a pinch of salt. It is very effective for stomach pain and provides relief from gas as well.
- Yoghurt is a very effective remedy for people who have diarrhoea and Indigestion. Mix some crushed cumin seeds and salt in a bowl of yoghurt and have it at least twice a day.
- Add some grated ginger to a glass of warm water, add a teaspoon of honey and sip. One can add ginger to other forms of tea as well to cure the problem of Indigestion. The ginger honey combination is the best drink for acid reflux.