Anxiety refers to the feeling of fear over what’s likely to come in the near future. It can cause an excessive amount of worry, nervousness and anxiety. The anxiety can change your emotional responses and behavior. In the worst situations, it could impact your daily life.
Research studies have revealed that cannabis-based medicines are effective for treating anxiety disorders such as stress-related PTSD, panic attacks and OCD. Ayurveda medical doctors and experts also acknowledge the superiority of cannabis over traditional medications in regards to its therapeutic effects and efficacy.
The Reasons for Anxiety
In general cases, anxiety can happen due to:
- The fear of the future
- Stress and worry that is affecting your life, work, and your relationships
- Traumatic or unpleasant experiences that are not pleasant.
- Other mental and physical health issues
In some individuals anxious, it is one of the first signs of illness. It is often associated with medical conditions like:
- Chronic pain
- Heart disease
- Abuse of alcohol or drugs, and
- Some medications can cause side effects.
Can cannabis-based medication help in the management of anxiety?
Yes! Medical cannabis in India is effective in managing stress, anxiety, symptoms and disorders that are related. There is increasing tests and studies that recognize the benefits of cannabis.
In the year 2018, Washington State University examined the impact of cannabis medical on stress, anxiety, and depression. In the course of their study, they discovered that:
- Cannabis significantly reduced depression, anxiety and stress levels.
- Even in the smallest doses of cannabis patients experienced a 58% decrease in stress, anxiety, and other symptoms.
- Additionally, they demonstrated a reduction of 50% in depression.
The study from 2015 conducted of The New York University School of Medicine on the effects of cannabis on anxiety strongly confirms the potency of cannabis to treat anxiety.
The research found that cannabis decreased anxiety among people with mood disorders, such as Seasonal affective Disorder (SAD). It also significantly enhanced anxiety elimination and positive behavior which makes it a potent drug to treat PTSD.
Researchers at the University of Colorado conducted a large-scale case study to find out whether medical cannabis can treat anxiety in a population of patients. It was discovered that:
- Cannabis has been proven to be effective in treating anxiety and other issues
- There was nothing to worry about regarding the safety profile.
- It was less prone to side effects than regular medication.
Additionally it was discovered by research conducted by the University Of Sao Paulo, Brazil discovered it to be true that the compound known as Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the major ingredients in cannabis, has powerful anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) properties.
It alters the flow of blood within the brain regions that are associated with anxiety . It significantly decreases the symptoms associated with anxiety.
How does Cannabis-based Medicine help with anxiety?
- You may have already heard that it is the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is one of the body’s most essential biological systems. Its purpose is to ensure equilibrium in the body, control vital functions, and assist in the proper functioning of the body.
- The brain regions which are involved in mood control and cognition are home to a high number of these receptors, particularly CB1. CB1.
- When you consume cannabis it releases chemical compounds known as cannabinoids interact with the cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 within the ECS for the production of their beneficial effects.
- This is how medical cannabis thus, treats depression, stress, anxiety and other disorders that are related to it.
- In many instances anxiety causes mood disorders that could seriously affect your everyday life. Medical cannabis can take care of this as well.
- Following drinking, this herb affects serotonin production within the body, and enhances the brain’s response. Serotonin is a key hormone found in our bodies. It’s that is responsible for stabilizing mood as well as managing feelings of happiness and well-being.
- Thus, it greatly improves the mood, regulates the emotional response, and lessens anxiety-related symptoms.
Possible Side Effects
Medical cannabis is different from conventional drugs due to the fact that it does not have negative side effects, as traditional drugs have. However, if it is consumed without consultation from Ayurveda doctors or medical professionals, it could result in mild adverse effects like:
- Changes in appetite
- Impact on weight
- Heart rate increases, etc.
Therefore, prior to taking medical cannabis Medicine for treating anxiety, it’s best to speak with Ayurveda physicians and receive the appropriate appointment. That will enable you to know the appropriate dosage and determine an appropriate treatment plan that is suitable for your needs the best.
Anxiety Symptoms Controlled By Medical Cannabis
Medical cannabis, along with its psycho-anxiolytic properties and its mood-lifting properties, has a huge potential to treat the many symptoms of anxiety, for example:
- Heart issues
- Rapid breathing
- The difficulty in focusing on the moment
- Cognitive troubles
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Insane worry, etc.
Apart from treating the signs of anxiety medical cannabis oil can also treat the adverse effects of conventional prescribed medications, such as antidepressants or benzodiazepines. Examples include:
- Blurry vision
- Upset stomach, etc.
Furthermore, it decreases dependence on these conventional drugs, thus decreasing the chance of addiction and preventing the onset of further diseases.
This is why doctors across the globe recommend it to patients for relief from anxiety. the majority of patients prefer it over other methods of treatment.
Perhaps you’re curious about what you can do to maximize the medicinal cannabis’ ability to help treat anxiety or other mental illnesses. If so the team at VEDI Medicare will be available to assist you.
It is possible that you can contact us easily to get a medical consultation to determine the best herb to use for your specific ailments.
Research and studies have proven research and studies have shown that medicinal cannabis can be an efficient medication to treat anxiety. It functions as an effective anxiolytic , and also has powerful anti-anxiety and mood-boosting properties.
Furthermore, it performs rapid effects in the body’s endocannabinoid endocannabinoi significantly affects brain regions connected to stress, anxiety depression, mood, and stress.
Furthermore it has also received international attention due to its safety rating, because it does not exhibit negative side effects, and it treats the same side effects that can be found in traditional medicines.